Cloth Pad Reviews
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mimi's Dreams (USA)

+9
lizbeth120
ohletmetelu
acidstars9
notamama
bekki2308
hangingonthread
A
linuxgirl
Obsidian
13 posters

Go down

Please rate how well you liked this product out of 5 (with 5 being the highest)

Mimi's Dreams (USA) I_vote_lcap0%Mimi's Dreams (USA) I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Mimi's Dreams (USA) I_vote_lcap0%Mimi's Dreams (USA) I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Mimi's Dreams (USA) I_vote_lcap17%Mimi's Dreams (USA) I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 2 ]
Mimi's Dreams (USA) I_vote_lcap17%Mimi's Dreams (USA) I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 2 ]
Mimi's Dreams (USA) I_vote_lcap66%Mimi's Dreams (USA) I_vote_rcap 66% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 12

Mimi's Dreams (USA) Empty Mimi's Dreams (USA)

Post  Obsidian Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:53 pm

Mimi's Dreams
http://www.saucytots.com
http://mimisdreams.etsy.com
http://mimisdreams.clothpadshop.com

Please rate how well you liked this product out of 5 (with 5 being the highest)

Last edited by Obsidian on Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Obsidian
Obsidian
Admin

http://www.obsidianstar.com.au

Back to top Go down

Mimi's Dreams (USA) Empty Re: Mimi's Dreams (USA)

Post  Obsidian Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:12 pm

I have 5 Mimi's Dreams pads - 4 of the mini pantyliners and 1 Goddess pad. I find them very well sewn and they have held up well through several washings. If find the pantyliners to be a great size and shape. I love the flared end shape of the Goddess sized one too, it never bunches or shifts about, though I have once leaked through the pad on a heavy day, as the stitching is sewn through all the layers. She offers a wide range of prints. I rate these a 5.
Obsidian
Obsidian
Admin

http://www.obsidianstar.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  linuxgirl Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:36 am

I have 7 liners from Hope, and her sewing and attention to detail is amazing. The liners are a fabulous shape and size, and I really, really like that they have the same absorbency as a maxi except in a trimmer design; I like to just put on a liner and forget about it most the day when my flow is light, so it's great to not have to worry about leaks doing this. Her sewing is top-notch, the fabric is easy care, and she's very awesome about making sure you get the part of the print you want front-and-center. Little things like that make all the difference!

I'd rate these a 5 if I could get the poll to work!

linuxgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  NicoleM Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:15 pm

I love my Mimi's Dreams pads. I've even given them away as birthday presents to friends and family. I used them solely postpartum with my second child, and never had any leaking problems. They're the best, and I recommend them to everyone. I've had them for 4 years now, and they're still holding up strong.

NicoleM

Back to top Go down

Post  A Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:14 pm

I purchased a 10-inch maxi pad from Hope at Mimi's Dreams on Etsy.  It's comfortable and very well made.  Really sturdy construction.  And shipping came with a tracking number, which is nice when you're eagerly anticipating delivery!

I rate it a 5.

Edited to add:
The stitching goes through the backing, and a heavy flow leaked right through. Crying or Very sad 

Last edited by A on Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:25 am; edited 1 time in total

A

Back to top Go down

Post  hangingonthread Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:58 pm

Rating: 4

Value: Nicely priced. Very good selection in fabrics, wonderful quality as well. Perfect sewing!

Customer Service: Very polite! Superb service.

Comments: I do love these pads a lot, however, I am not a fan of the stitching through the center! That is the ***only*** thing I don't like about these pads. It can cause bad leakage and is pretty pointless to put PUL in the pad if it is stitched through the center. I hope she can change this sometime or offer both styles!
hangingonthread
hangingonthread

Back to top Go down

Mimi's Dreams (USA) Empty Mimis dreams - love

Post  bekki2308 Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:12 am

youtube.com/watch?v=wtforEUzvIw

above is my video review for mimis dreams.

Summary: brilliant price, brilliant quality, brilliant customer services

bekki2308

Back to top Go down

Post  notamama Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:55 am

I placed a custom order for "The Mini" starter package on Saucy Tots, which is 3 pantyliner's and 4 mini's. I received my order almost exactly 2 weeks later, faster than I expected!

I really love these pads! I particularly like the shape of them - the wings are nice and wide, so they rarely slip or shift in my undies, and are easy to snap/unsnap. The absorbency is perfect - I wanted pads for everyday use, and the mini's definitely fit the bill! The pantyliner's are not too bulky, so they are also comfortable enough for everyday use, but they are absorbent enough to handle light flow days too. I've even used the liners on a medium flow day, and while I did have to change them quicker than normal, I had no leaks or seepage. I ordered the standard package (no upgrades in style or material) and the fleece backing is more than enough waterproofing for me. I haven't used any of the larger pads, but based on the quality and performance of the smaller, thinner pads, I'm sure they're great!

My only complaint is one of the flannel fabrics I ordered is looking a little worse for wear - I've only had these for 5 months and it is already starting to pill and fade. However, all of my other pads are still in great condition and have held up great, so I don't blame the seller for this.

Overall: excellent customer service, fast shipping, high quality pads for a VERY reasonable price! Highly recommended!

notamama

Back to top Go down

Post  acidstars9 Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:22 pm

These are a good brand for the most part. They are not overly thick or bulky. Mainly I am not a big fan of the way the fabrics feel. I've tried the regular cotton and the flannel, and they both feel uncomfortable to me. I also didn't like the overnight pad very much, depsite it being much longer than my regular disposable pads, they would leak every single night.

Overall these are good pads and they would probably work great for most people, but I can't continue using them if they are going to leak every night.

acidstars9

Back to top Go down

Post  ohletmetelu Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:10 pm

I love these pads!

I initially ordered a Mimi's Dreams 'Starter Package' with the 'hemp' upgrade and have since purchased 4 more pads! I absolutely love the comfort of these pads. I have 7 pads with 'hemp' as the absorbent layer and love how thin they are! The 2 pads I have with terry cotton as the absorbent layer are also fairly thin but I absolutely love and recommend the 'hemp' option when ordering through saucytots.com The only downside to custom orders in that it could take as long as 6 weeks before your item is shipped.

I was hesitant to try these pads because of the stitching through the center. From my understanding, the stitching has been modified a bit from 'zig zags' to straight lines. The pads I have purchased and am reviewing are all the 'newer' style and I've never had a leak! I know it doesn't make sense because you would think that stitching through the entire pad would = leaks but my pads have never ever leaked! I'm so confident in these pads that they are one of the only ones I wear with dresses. I especially like the design and fit of the 'Overnight' and will be adding more to my collection soon Smile

Try a custom 'Starter Package' through saucytots.com Smile The price rocks and there are soooo many awesome prints to choose from! You'll also get a feel for the different sizes/styles.

ohletmetelu

Back to top Go down

Post  lizbeth120 Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:53 pm

Purchased: two 10" Maxi

Customer Service: received the pads quickly. I purchased in-stock pads, so I can't comment on customer service for custom orders.

Workmanship: great sewing, the snaps and fleece backing match nicely Smile

Comfort & Fit: Very comfortable, perfect length. There are two snap widths for a more customized fit. The pads don't shift or bunch.

Look (visually appealing): There are a lot of great fabrics to choose from. The only thing I don't like is that the channel stitching goes all the way through so it could potentially leak (they haven't for me yet), but I would be hesitent to wear this pad on a very heavy day because of the stitching.

Durability: They've been through the wash about 5 times now and still look like the day I got them.

Value for money: 10" maxi length is $7 (+$1.75 shipping) which I think is a reasonable price.

Overall Rating: 5

Last edited by lizbeth120 on Tue May 22, 2012 8:21 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : formatting/added more detail)

lizbeth120

Back to top Go down

Post  whataboutprom Mon May 28, 2012 8:52 pm

I placed a custom order for pantyliners, and I LOVE them. They are a bit thicker and wider than my other liners, but they are lightweight and soft, and I like that I they are very absorbent. The fabric selection is fantastic, and these are some of the best constructed pads that I own. The shape works really well and keeps the liners in place.

whataboutprom

Back to top Go down

Post  milady Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:02 am

I don't know what the shipping costs would end up as, but sure. Smile

milady

Back to top Go down

Post  missnagi Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:27 pm

I love my Mimi's Dreams pads. I've even given them away as birthday presents to friends and family. I used them solely postpartum with my second child, and never had any leaking problems. They're the best, and I recommend them to everyone. I've had them for 4 years now, and they're still holding up strong.

missnagi

Back to top Go down

Post  BarbaraMinerva Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:43 am

I am so glad I found Mimi's Dreams! These pads are amazing and work perfectly for me. These are some of my favorite pads. I love how customizable they are. They come in awesome prints and are well made. Other reviewers here have mentioned that the stitching goes all the way through, but this is no longer the case. I also appreciate the excellent customer service. Her custom orders wait list is often long, but very much worth the wait. I highly recommend these pads! With all the customization options, you are bound to find the perfect fit in a print that you will love!
P.S. These pads are comfy. Some are flat cotton, and others are flannel, cotton knits, and I think she now offers a few minky fabrics.
5/5 stars!

BarbaraMinerva

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down